Game Idea Research

Game Idea Research

I have decided that I want to go with my first game idea as it's less complex than my other game ideas. I also like the initial visuals I thought of and hopefully I can portray them.

The possible game mechanics I want in my game are Block Path, Game Keeps Getting Harder Till You Die, and Game Repeats Till You Die. 

I want the tree to not directly fight the enemy (human) but to prevent his actions from hurting his family/rainforest behind him, by preventing the objects from hitting them. The longer you play and the more points you get the game the faster the objects are thrown at you. The game continues until your tree babies/rainforest has been destructed by the objects you failed to collect.

I would also possibly like to do an Undirected Exploration under a Timer, so you have to find and clean up the pollution before the time runs out.

I used the website below to help me think of possible game mechanics, it also picked random game mechanics for. Which could be very helpful.


I read about some games that exist that teach children about the problems of pollution and they helped inspire me on what game mechanics to use. Unlike them though I won't be giving facts about global warming during the game. It won't be as educational.


Below are some cool visuals that I like, I want my game to be very cartoon like and not at all realistic.
Tree Cartoon

Evil Man

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alpha

MD2Final GDD

Game Design Document