Game Brainstorm

Game Idea's


Game idea 1:
When thinking of ideas for my group project under the theme change I thought of a possible game idea under the given theme, Change. I wanted to make a game on Global Warming.

I want to personify a tree and behind him have a different plants and/or animals from the rain forest or maybe just the tree's small children and have a rich evil man throwing plastic bags, burning fuel, spilling oil etc. and the tree has to catch them/inhale them in order to keep the endangered animals/tree family safe from the man. I hope to make this a very simple to use game, with very few controls.

I looked up 'Games About Climate Change' and stumbled across this article. It gave information about causes. I was interested in the game descriptions that they used to teach  kids with. 

One game was called 'Preventative Measures' I started to play this game but once I was about a minute or two in it would ask me to create an account to continue playing. The website told me the objective of the game which made me click on it. 
The objective was, 'This game models the ecological implications of industrial human activity. You must make decisions that affect the Earth's population and climate change. You will learn what negatively and positively affects climate change to help you deal with the growing population. You will also learn how the greenhouse effect causes climate change and the various ways a growing population can deal with their need for energy to survive.'
I would like similar graphics to this game and I liked the simple controls of arrow keys to move and clicking to do an action. The game was also made with unity. 
Global Warming Cartoon

I am also trying to show the implications of human activity but I don't want it to be as serious and educational as the games linked below. I just aim to make a fun game that has a serious meaning behind it.

The game will be like an Arcade Game. 







Game Idea 2:
While thinking of possible game ideas my cat came into my room looking evil. Then I decided I wanted to make a game about cats and their plans to take over the world, human by human.

I plan to set the game in a house, a new kitten arrives and you play as the kitten. The objective of the game is to take over the world with the neighbouring cat. All without your human knowing. While collecting objects that you can use to start your cat army you also have to gain the humans affection or else you will no longer be a house cat making your mission far harder, as if a human sees you at all you will be kicked out of the house every time.

I used to play 'Over The Hedge' the game on my DS, based on the movie. You had to steal food without humans noticing, every human had a radar and when they got close it turned red and bleeped. I would like to do something like this to let you know when a human is approaching.

The game will end when cats have complete control over the world.

I looked up games about cats and found a game called Devilish Cat.
Evil Cat

In this game the objective is to eat all the goodies when your master isn't looking, when you fill up the meter then you move onto the next level to even tastier treats.

I want to do something similar but slightly more complex than this game. You have to steal food from the humans too, for energy to steal the weaponry for the take over. Maybe I might set some sort of time limit too to make the game more challenging.

I think the game has a similar concept to mine but I would like different graphics, not as cute and happy as Devilish Cat looks. I also want the game to be more challenging and the cat has to steal individual foods and the don't just hover into the mouth of the cat. 

The game will be an RPG.

Game Idea 3:
I took longer to this of this game idea. I was stuck for a bit so I started thinking of shows I watch, I'm currently watching a show called 'Schitts Creek' where a rich family lose everything and end up in a small town living in a motel. This made me think of hitting rock bottom and making your way up again. I then thought maybe I could make a game based on prison.

I want the game to start with you going into prison after being falsely accused of murder and everyone in the jail is messing with your character by stealing is lunch, beating him up etc. You will have to do missions to earn respect until you become 'top dog'. Your enemies are the guards and different gangs you haven't earned the respect of yet.

I found a game called Death Row. In the game you were in control of a prisoner and had to prove his innocence in the 14 days before he is going to be killed. The game was a bit boring though and it takes ages to make him happy and he gets mad whenever you give him healthy food and his mood goes right back down. If his mood becomes too low he kills himself and the game is over.

The only room in the game was the cell, you had to keep the prisoner happy, healthy, energised and earn his respect. But he is always miserable and asks you to buy him stuff and then he moans when you buy it. I like the idea of keeping all his health, happiness, respect bars at the top of the corner on a clipboard. I also like the graphics that are used. The game is just a bit boring because you're only in one room. 

I would like to include a canteen and a yard, along with some dialogue to keep the player engaged in the story and who they should begin an alliance with.

Cartoon Prisoner


Game Idea 4:
The next game idea I wanted to be an adventure based game. I love the film Toy Story so I would like to make a game of a toy who is left behind and has to find their way back home while coming across different challenges.

I'm thinking of using a Teddy Bear, the Teddy will have to travel day and night without being seen moving. I was very inspired by Toy Story in all the films Woody goes on some adventure and has to make his way back to Andy, usually with the help of other toys. I want Teddy to make his own way home, he will have to avoid dogs, jump onto cars and balance without falling off until he finds his home.

Any game I found about Teddy Bears were all very dark. The one I decided to play was called 'Teddy Bear Picnic Massacre'. In the game you're an evil Teddy who kills the other Teddy's who are trying to enjoy their day off. If the other Teddy Bears enjoying their day off get you with their picnic baskets or baguettes your health goes down. Every few bears you kill drop a present which is a new gun. 

Teddy Bear

It has really simple controls which I like, its just the arrow keys to move, space bar to shoot and the 'S' key to open the present. I too want to use simple controls on my game.

I really like the graphics used in the game their really cool and detailed. I would like to do something similar if I could. The game is set on grass with bushes behind you, you don't really travel far because bears come from you from the left and right so you pretty much remain in the same area. As your score goes higher more bears come at faster speeds.

My game won't have any killing in it, it will mostly be based on avoiding dangers. And have a happy ending when you reunite with your owner once again. 




I found this article really useful for helping me think of game ideas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alpha

MD2Final GDD

Game Design Document