Feedback Strategies

Feedback Strategies

The first article I read was 'Try Feedforward Instead of Feedback' written by Marshal Goldsmith.

I really enjoyed this article it was well written and I was intrigued from start to finish. I love the idea of feedforward. I'm awful at giving feedback unless I'm super comfortable with someone, otherwise I just feel like I'm offending the person so I'm never completely honest. Feedforward is definitely much more positive as you're not pointing out the other persons flaws and mistakes, they're telling you them and you're giving them possible solutions without getting too personal.

It's understandable why people who have tried feedforward have enjoyed themselves, the person receiving chooses what they'd like advice on and the other person gives them advice without knowing anything about the person.

http://www.marshallgoldsmith.com/articles/try-feedforward-instead-feedback/

The next article I read was Be a Mirror: Give Readers Feedback That Fosters a Growth Mindset by Gravity Goldberg.

I didn't find this article as interesting as the first one but I still enjoyed reading it.

This article talked about Carol Dweck's Growth Mindset and how we should give feedback that promotes a growth mindset. Gravity Goldberg has the idea of being a mirror when giving feedback.

There were five qualities of feedback that were talked about. The one I found most interesting was the second "focus on what the reader is doing (not on what is missing). A mirror cannot reflect back what is not there." I thought this was a really good way of thinking when giving feedback. 


I would definitely like to try out feedforward I think it would be a very beneficial exercise. I'm not really comfortable with giving feedback. I do find feedback very useful though even when negative.

Feedback

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alpha

MD2Final GDD

Game Design Document