Week 8 Reading and Writing

Reading and Writing Review

I find the reading assignments a bit long winded sometimes and I tend to lose focus the longer I'm reading it unless it's a topic I find interesting.

I enjoyed the first few reading we did on growth mindset and time strategies, probably because they were new concepts to me and they were things that I could apply to my everyday life. 

I do like learning about the game ones but I find them very long and I tend to zone out on what I'm reading. Some of the writing keeps me more captivated than others.

I have learnt from the readings about games and I do think of them when I play games now and what makes a game "fun". I don't really feel like I've learnt anything new form the readings about Games since the first few, I think they've all been pretty similar so I tend to zone out from them.

I used to read everything and then write my blog but I found that I forgot a lot of what I read so I started to write notes as I was reading.

I have looked back on game mechanics from my blog when I was making my Game Design Document. I found the notes very helpful.

My favourite reading was by far the Growth Mindset one, I found it really interesting and I've tried to apply it to my daily life.

I think it would be good to alternate between readings and videos. I much prefer to listen to something than read about it. I find writing about what I'm reading very beneficial as it forces me to pay attention and not just skim over information and forget about it right after I read it.

Growth Mindset Post


I chose this image from the Growth Mindset post because it was my favourite reading and I like how positive the message in the picture is and It's now something I try to apply in my everyday life.

In the future I should do the readings in separate sitting as I tend to get bored reading article after article of the same stuff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alpha

Game Design Document

MD2Final GDD