Unity Tutorial 05

Unity Tutorial 05

I enjoyed this tutorial much more than last weeks, it was much more experimental. I like playing around with different elements to see what I like and what works well for me. I guess I just enjoy designing worlds.

I found the coding harder to understand this week, I normally understand why the code works and why it doesn't but I don't think Jimmy Vegas explained that as well as he has in previous tutorials. I didn't understand why there were bugs and why it still worked even though there were bugs in the coding.

I loved testing out different skies, I found some nice skies that I will definitely consider for my game.

I like using the animation, it's really simple and creates cool effects. It was surprisingly easy to create a fade in and fade out. I never even thought of a fade in and a fade out for the game but it looks much nicer when you go into player mode.

I'm looking forward to designing the inside of the house, as I'm hoping it will also be experimental. The coding is getting a bit more tedious but it's great when I understand why it works but I didn't this tutorial. I still don't think I could code without following a tutorial. 

It's great that Unity have so many free packages to download, I look forward to exploring more designs and graphics in Unity.
Unity Tutorial

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alpha

Game Design Document

MD2Final GDD