Week 8 Comments and Feedback

Comments and Feedback

I think the feedback from other students is great. It's good to hear other peoples opinions on your work. I also just enjoy reading them.

Although I enjoy hearing suggestions sometimes they're a bit too late, for example after I finished my GDD I got feedback suggesting I do different things but I had already figured out what I was doing.

I found it very useful when choosing my game though because I hadn't set anything in stone yet. Though a lot of what people suggest to me is quite unrealistic to make in the time frame and skill set I have.

I think some of my feedback may be useful but like I said before they've already made their decisions so me suggesting that they add more or change things in their game seems a bit harsh to me.

I usually just ask questions in my feedback on anything I'm unclear about, I do think this is more helpful than me suggesting they add another ten levels. It means they can see what they were unclear about or forgot to even think about. I find this much more useful feedback than people suggesting things to me.

Some blogs are very well written and kind of put me to shame. I would ideally like my blogs to be a delight to read but I don't think I have the talent or vocabulary for that so I'm fine with my writing being average. I definitely think it has improved though.

In the future I would like to see less suggestions and more about how I could improve or explain things better without being unrealistic with the time frame I have. I don't have the time to make a game with tons of levels and a massive map so I find them comments useless as they're unrealistic.

I struggle to tell people what I honestly think of some of their game ideas. I've read some super complicated games that to be honest are really shooting for the stars. A lot of them would need a team to make the games they're planning. But I don't want to stifle their creativity with my pessimistic attitude. I just think they're taking a lot on for a short amount of time. They all are cool ideas though so I just comment on the positives of their game and try to ask questions about things I'm unclear about.
Image of FEEDBACK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alpha

Game Design Document

MD2Final GDD