Workshop 01

Workshop 01


Traffic Lights
                                                                 Link to Image Site


The topic is new to me, I've never had to explain how traffic lights worked before. I never really thought about it before, I just knew go when its green and stop when its red, and it worked on timers. But that's the extent of what I knew about traffic lights. 

This workshop taught me that I struggle to communicate my thoughts. It was an easy concept but I couldn't quite express what I wanted to say. It also taught me that I should think more about things I use everyday and not just accept everything at face value and I have a new found respect for traffic lights. And that the creator of traffic lights was a man named Garrett Morgan.

I enjoyed working in a group. It was interesting to hear other peoples definitions of traffic lights. Everyone had a different ideas for something so simple that we use everyday. I liked how it broke up the lecture with a workshop. It's easy to zone out when you're just listening to someone talk for an hour or so. This helped me focus and stay interested in the topic at hand. 

Writing about the workshop reminds me of my leaving cert, when I had to do a write up after cooking in home economics or doing the journal in geography after the field trip. Although it's not particularly fun I think it does help me to fully engage with what I'm doing and not just forget about it once it's done. I also pay more attention when I know I have to write about it afterwards.

It also will help me advance my communications skills and maybe if I ever have to do this exercise again in the future I will be better at expressing my thoughts. I like writing so I am looking forward to blogging future experiences.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alpha

MD2Final GDD

Game Design Document