Growth Mindset

GROWTH MINDSET

I had never heard of Carol Dweck or the Growth Mindset before. I learnt that I have a fixed mindset. In school I hated anything I wasn't immediately good at. My favourite subject was geography and maths because I remembered what I was taught without having to study. I feel very discouraged when I get a bad result and it makes me not want to do any work for the subject. I love the idea of "yet" I think if I knew about the Growth Mindset in school I could have done a lot better.

Since being in college I haven't felt entirely discouraged like I did in school, probably because everything I'm doing is new so I know in order to get better I have to learn and put in effort. I'm glad I learnt about the growth mindset I think it will help me to have a better perspective on learning.

I would like to learn more on the growth mindset. It's something all teachers and parents should put into practise.

This semester I want to be able to make an animation. I tend to just do the bare minimum to get by but this year I really want to challenge myself and create something I think is portfolio worthy. I think the Growth Mindset will help me to stay focused when I come across something I can't do right away.
Growth Mindset Quote
                                                               Link to Pinterest Image




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alpha

MD2Final GDD

Game Design Document