Time Strategies

Time Strategies 


I read The Important Habit of Just Starting by Jory MacKay and Four Questions to Help You Overcome Procrastination by Peter Banerjea.

I thought they were both very well written and interesting. Both were pretty similar. The first question in Peter Banerjea's article was What One Thing Can I Do to Get Started. Both of the articles gave advice on getting started. Procrastination is normal especially in today's society when we have hours of entertainment available, we can talk to anyone online whenever we want. One article said that we would rather consume than create, I liked this a lot because its very relevant to our time. We get satisfaction without having to deal with the fear of possible failure.

I am a big procrastinator, I put everything off till the last minute. Like the article by Jory MacKay said I choose short-term satisfaction over long-term. I wait till the last minute to do something and then create something mediocre. I hope that this year I have more self-control and think more about my future goals and happiness. Both articles gave good advice. I think the one that will work best for me is the reward system, doing work for an hour and then rewarding myself by allowing myself to scroll through Instagram for a few minutes. I will have to remove distractions, as I'm writing this my phone is blinking telling me I have a message and its hurting me to not pick up my phone and check it.

I think my biggest challenge will be Web Design, it's probably my least favourite module so I always put it off till the very last minute because I don't enjoy it and then I end up with a bad website I started with no plan a few days before its due. This year I will have to plan out a schedule to make sure I plan out my ideas.
Procrastination Quote
Pinterest Image

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alpha

MD2Final GDD

Game Design Document